The Business Counseling Cell of VPMP Polytechnic, commonly known as BCC, has been established with the objective of creating and promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among the youth of the nation. The Business Counseling Cell of VPMP Polytechnic was started in September 2016 with the support from The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) Gandhinagar, Goverment of Gujarat.
The cell has organized programs under the aegis of The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) Gandhinagar, Goverment of Gujarat and The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Bhat, Gandhinagar, Government of India in the current year 2016 and these events have witnessed healthy participation from students. The success of these events has boosted our confidence and we at BCC, VPMP Polytechnic aim of encouraging students of all the engineering branches to consider Self -employment as a career option and provide training in Entrepreneurship through modular courses; thus becoming “job generators” rather than “job seekers“.
The BCC of our college organized Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) for students to create awareness among the students about various facets of entrepreneurship as a career option and also to highlight the advantages of pursuing such an option. The Program was sponsored by National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and supported by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmadabad.
1. To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through programmes.
2. To promote employment opportunities.
3. Develop and strengthen entrepreneurial quality, i.e., motivation or need for achievement.
4. To analyze environmental set up relating to small scale industries and promoting it.
5. Select project/product.
6. Formulate the project.
7. Understand the process and procedure involved in setting up small units.
8. Get information on the sources of help and support available for starting a small-scale industry.
9. Acquire necessary managerial skill required to run the industrial unit.
10. Know the pros and cons of being an entrepreneur.
12. Helping the person to understand environmental changes and opportunities.
13. Acquaint and appreciate the much required social responsibility/ entrepreneurial discipline.
The institute is committed to Entrepreneurship education, seminar, Industrial visit and training to provide innovative training techniques, faculty support, consultancy and quality teaching and training material.
“Develop environment to create entrepreneurship culture in technical institute for the growth of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship amongst students”.